Virat Kohli 34th Birthday: Today is the 34th birthday of Virat Kohli. He is currently in Australia with the Indian team, where the World Cup is being played. Virat is in excellent form in this World Cup, the team will play the last match of the group stage against Zimbabwe on Sunday. On the occasion of Virat’s birthday, let us tell you the facts related to him (Virat Kohli Unknown Facts), which every fan of his should know.
Virat Kohli recently scored the first century of his T20 International career. His half-century not out innings against Pakistan in the World Cup, Virat’s consistent good innings coming with the bat shows that he has returned to his same form, which made him famous by the names of King Kohli, Run Machine etc. You will find Virat Kohli fans everywhere. At this time, Virat is still on social media, he is the most followed cricketer in the world. Let us tell you some facts and records related to Virat Kohli.
- Born in a Punjabi Hindu family, Virat Kohli lived in Uttam Nagar, Delhi. Due to the delay in going to the cricket academy, he shifted to Paschim Vihar. Virat Kohli’s family previously lived in Mira Bagh, all shifted to Gurugram (earlier Gurgaon) in 2015.
- Virat Kohli first played in the Delhi Under-15 team in the Polly Umrigar Trophy (2002-03).
- Playing in Delhi’s Under-17 team, Virat Kohli scored 757 runs in 7 matches at an average of 84.11.
- Virat Kohli made his List A debut in February 2006.
- Kohli made his debut in first-class cricket in November 2006 itself. He played his first match for Delhi against Tamil Nadu.
- In June 2008, Virat Kohli joined the IPL franchise Royal Challengers as a youth contract. The team bought him for $30,000. Later he earned such a name that he also became the captain of the team.
- Virat Kohli played only 8 first class matches before being selected for the first time for the international tour, that is, his selection was like a surprise.
- Virat Kohli became the fastest player to score 1000 ODI runs on the tour of Zimbabwe in 2010. He joined this tour as the vice-captain, as many big players were rested in the series.
- Despite poor form, Virat Kohli was selected against Australia in 2010. He scored a brilliant century in the only match he played in the series. He then went on to say that he was under pressure to cement his spot as the last two series were bad for me.
- Virat Kohli holds the record for the fastest century among Indian players. Kohli completed his century in 52 balls in the ODI against Australia. No Indian has been able to break this record of his.
- Indian captain Virat Kohli is very fond of tattoos. He has got tattoos done four times so far. His favorite tattoo is that of a samurai warrior.
Virat Kohli 34th Birthday:
- Virat Kohli had also revealed in an interview that which actresses he liked in childhood. Kohli had told that he used to like Karishma Kapoor at a young age.
- Virat Kohli had made many records in his name at a young age with his talent. Kohli won the ICC Cricketer of the Year title in 2012 at the age of 23.
- Apart from cricket, Kohli also does social service. Virat Kohli runs an organization for poor children in his name. Whose name is Virat Kohli Foundation. This organization works for the upliftment of children.
- Apart from Sachin Tendulkar and Suresh Raina, the great batsman and god of cricket, Virat is the only batsman who completed his century in international cricket before his 22nd birthday.
Virat Kohli Birthday: See Virat Kohli’s cute childhood in these 10 photos, celebrating 34th birthday- Pics (insidesport.in)
Virat Kohli Unknown Facts: Facts, records related to Virat
- India won the Under-19 World Cup for the second time in 2008 under the captaincy of Virat Kohli. In the final match of the World Cup, India defeated South Africa by 12 runs on the basis of Duckworth-Lewis rule. At that time the South Africa team was in the hands of Wayne Parnell.
- Virat Kohli has played 96 test matches in his career. During this he has scored 7765 runs. In Test cricket, Kohli has scored 27 fifties, 27 centuries and 7 double centuries. Kohli has scored 12169 runs in 254 ODIs. He has scored 62 fifties and 43 centuries in ODIs. Captain Kohli has scored 3225 runs in 92 T20 Internationals. During this he has scored 29 half-centuries.
- Royal Challengers Bangalore captain Virat Kohli has scored 6283 runs in 207 matches in IPL. During this he has scored 42 fifties and 5 centuries. 113 runs is his highest score. Kohli’s strike rate in IPL is 129.95.
- Virat Kohli made his Test debut against West Indies on 20 June 2011. He played his last Test on 10 September 2021 against England. Kohli made his ODI debut on 18 August 2008 against Sri Lanka. Virat made his T20 debut on 12 June 2010 against Zimbabwe.
- Virat Kohli played his first IPL match against Kolkata Knight Riders on 18 April 2008. In the 14th season of the recently concluded IPL, he has also played his last IPL match against Kolkata on 11 October 2021. Now he will be seen playing in the 15th season of the league.
Follow us on Google News to read news related to cricket and other sports.