T20 International: India’s young cricket talent, led by Captain Suryakumar Yadav, is gearing up to face a formidable Australian side in a five-match T20 International series commencing this Thursday. The series presents a significant test for recent international debutants like Yashasvi Jaiswal, Rinku Singh, Tilak Verma, Jitesh Sharma, and Mukesh Kumar.
Key Players in the Australian T20 Squad
T20 International, The Australian T20 squad boasts World Cup heroes such as Travis Head, Glenn Maxwell, Adam Zampa, and former skipper Steve Smith. IPL standouts Marcus Stoinis, Nathan Ellis, Tim David, and Matthew Wade add depth to the lineup.
Crucial Period for Young Indian Cricketers
T20 International, With an eye on the T20 World Cup next year, the next two months hold immense importance for these emerging Indian cricketers. Interim coach VVS Laxman faces an intriguing task in structuring the batting order, especially with the potential return of Shubman Gill against South Africa.
Bowling Challenges and Lineup Rotation
T20 International, The bowling department will face significant challenges, with players like Ravi Bishnoi, Prasidh Krishna, Avesh Khan, Mukesh Kumar, and Arshdeep Singh expected to be rotated during the series.
Trivia and Stats: India vs Australia in T20 Internationals
Here are some intriguing stats and trivia from past encounters between India and Australia in Twenty20 Internationals:
- India holds a winning percentage of 60.00 compared to Australia’s 40.00 in the 26 T20Is played between the two teams.
- Virat Kohli’s outstanding knock of 85 off 61 balls in Sydney on December 8, 2020, remains his highest score in a losing cause away from home in T20Is.
Batting and Bowling Records
- Jaspreet Bumrah leads the wicket-takers with 16 wickets at 23.43 runs apiece in thirteen matches in India-Australia T20Is.
- Adam Zampa is Australia’s top wicket-taker against India with 12 wickets at 24.83 runs apiece in fourteen matches.
Notable Partnerships and Records
- Virat Kohli and Suresh Raina’s partnership of 134 for the third wicket at Adelaide on January 26, 2016, stands as India’s highest against Australia.
- Shane Watson and David Warner’s partnership of 133 for the first wicket at Colombo (RPS) on September 28, 2012, is Australia’s highest against India.
- Virat Kohli’s average of 90.05 in successful chases is the best among batsmen with 500 runs or more in T20Is.
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni has affected 15 dismissals (10 catches plus five stumpings) in 17 innings against Australia, the most by a wicketkeeper.
As the series unfolds, these statistics and past performances add layers of anticipation to the upcoming clashes between the emerging Indian talents and the seasoned Australian side.