Cricket Eire has at the moment confirmed an additional late change to the beforehand introduced squads for the tour to Bangladesh – the squad departs at the moment for a seven-match, three format collection of the Asian nation.
The schedule will function a warm-up fixture on March 15, then three one-day internationals, three T20 Internationals and a Check match. This would be the first-ever Check match performed between the 2 sides, and the primary multi-format collection the 2 sides have performed at senior degree.
The squad modifications are as follows:
- Bangladesh ODI squad: Tom Mayes replaces Barry McCarthy (damage).
- Bangladesh T20I squad: Tom Mayes replaces Barry McCarthy (damage).
- Bangladesh Check squad: Tom Mayes replaces Barry McCarthy (damage).
Following his name up, Tom Mayes, 21, who performs for North Down Cricket Membership and featured for the Northern Knights within the Inter-Provincial Collection in 2022, mentioned:
“I am simply tremendous grateful and honored to be a part of the tour and I am actually wanting ahead to becoming a member of the lads and getting caught in.”
Born in South Africa, having performed for Limpopo, Mayes is an Irish passport-holder who qualifies via his grandmother who was born-and-bred in Dublin. The tall right-arm seamer relocated to Eire in 2021. He performed twice for the Knights within the 50-over Cup competitors in 2022 taking 4 wickets at 28.25 apiece and performed six instances within the T20 Trophy taking seven wickets at 22.71 apiece.
Talking about Mayes’ call-up, Males’s Nationwide Selector, Andrew WhiteMentioned:
“Tom has been on our radar as a part of the quick bowling improvement expertise pool in current instances – he’s tall, hits a very good size and has the attributes to progress via the system. In a great world, Tom would have probably been included within the Wolves program first, however we’re assured he can step up into the senior squad and can work intently with Excessive Efficiency Tempo Bowling Coach Ryan Eagleson on his expertise. Exposing younger gamers to new circumstances will solely assist in their improvement, so we want him effectively on the tour.”
Talking about McCarthy’s damage, Mark Rousa – Head of Physiotherapy and Medical Providers – mentioned:
“Barry had been flagging some low-level knee discomfort over the previous few months that we have now been managing accordingly. A scan in December didn’t decide up on any severe damage however in current weeks he has been reporting that his knee ache was changing into extra frequent and rising in severity. A collection of additional investigations this week and session with a knee specialist have decided that Barry has a small cartilage tear and a small space of stress response within the knee.
“We now have determined to be cautious and withdraw Barry from our tour of Bangladesh and Sri Lanka. He’ll want a interval of offload for the knee to quiet down and within the meantime, we can even have the small cartilage tear tidied up in surgical procedure subsequent week.”
The Irish squad’s tempo bowling shares have been stretched with Josh Little (unavailable), Barry McCarthy, Craig Younger and Matthew Foster (withdrawn as a result of accidents or nonetheless present process rehab), and Conor Olphert (instructional commitments) all being unavailable to Heinrich Malan, whereas David Delany was contacted however couldn’t decide to the Irish excessive efficiency program past the quick tour, so within the pursuits of longer-term expertise pool improvement has been ignored for now.
THE UPDATED SQUADS
Eire squad for Bangladesh ODI collection
- Andrew Balbirnie (Capt), Mark Adair, Curtis Campher, Gareth Delany, George Dockrell, Stephen Doheny, Fionn Hand, Graham Hume, Matthew Humphreys, Tom Mayes, Andrew McBrine, Paul Stirling, Harry Tector, Lorcan Tucker, Ben White.
Eire squad for Bangladesh T20I collection
- Andrew Balbirnie (Capt), Mark Adair, Ross Adair, Curtis Campher, Gareth Delany, George Dockrell, Fionn Hand, Graham Hume, Matthew Humphreys, Tom Mayes, Paul Stirling, Harry Tector, Lorcan Tucker, Ben White, Craig Younger.
Eire squad for Bangladesh Check Match
- Andrew Balbirnie (Capt), Mark Adair, Curtis Campher, Murray Commins, George Dockrell, Fionn Hand, Graham Hume, Matthew Humphreys, Tom Mayes, Andrew McBrine, James McCollum, PJ Moor, Harry Tector, Lorcan Tucker, Ben White.
TOUR SCHEDULE – BANGLADESH
- March 15: warm-up match – opponent to be introduced.
- March 18: Bangladesh Males v Eire Males – 1st ODI (SICS, Sylhet; begin 2pm native time)
- March 20: Bangladesh Males v Eire Males – 2nd ODI (SICS, Sylhet; begin 2pm native time)
- March 23: Bangladesh Males v Eire Males – 3rd ODI (SICS, Sylhet; begin 2pm native time)
- March 27: Bangladesh Males v Eire Males – 1st T20I (ZACS, Chattogram; begin 2pm native time)
- March 29: Bangladesh Males v Eire Males – 2nd T20I (ZACS, Chattogram; begin 2pm native time)
- March 31: Bangladesh Males v Eire Males – 3rd T20I (ZACS, Chattogram; begin 2pm native time)
- April 4-8: Bangladesh Males v Eire Males – Check Match (SBNCS, Dhaka; begin 10am each day native time)
Particulars of livestream/broadcast are being confirmed with the host board shortly.